How did your parents talk to you about sex? Was it an in depth, meaningful conversation or was it the “you know about protection, right?” as you walked out the door to your senior prom? Would you like your kids to learn about sex the same way you did?
For those in the Portland area that might want to learn how to have The “TALK”, you’re invited to attend one of two classes I have the opportunity to teach. Click here for times, dates, and places. Below is a description of the class:
Talking to kids about sex is not easy for a lot of parents. They feel embarrassed, dirty and/or “sinful” when discussing such things. Other parents may be lacking specific information or be confused on just how much to talk about. This class will help you address the following issues:
- The importance of safe sexual conversations.
- How to neutralize the embarrassment around “dirty words”.
- When should I have “THE TALK” with my child.
- What does a basic “Sex Talk” look like.
- Practical and safe ways to talk to your kids about pornography.
- How parents can deal with their own painful sexual experiences.
- Question-and-Answer time to address any specific issues and give practical hands-on advice to parents.
- Because of the nature of the topics covered, the class is best suited for adult attendance only.