Most men today have never been trained how to be men. The generation before has missed the opportunity to purposefully and strategically pass masculinity on to their sons, leaving us to figure it out for ourselves. Men, this begs the question, “What life skills would you like to pass on to your sons?” Here’s a list I’d like you to consider.
I want my sons to:
- Know how to face tough things without avoiding or hiding.
- Be a hard worker and have a good work ethic.
- Be responsible, reliable, and compassionate.
- Know how to treat a woman.
- Know how to be a good husband and a good dad.
- Be a good team player without having to sacrifice integrity.
- Have meaningful and close relationships with other men.
- Know that he is valuable and worthy of love and affection.
- Know its okay to fail sometimes.
- Know its okay to disappoint others sometimes.
- Know its okay to ask for help.
What would you add to the list?