Events are inherently neutral. It is your perspective that determines if something is good or bad.
The good news is (actually, it’s REALLY good news) is that you have full control over your perspective of events and experiences of life. YOU get to determine how you move through life.
Sometimes, perspectives change. Think back to the job you got fired from and how bad you felt. But also think back to how thankful you were when you were able to move to a better opportunity. Getting fired is neutral. Your perspective makes it good or bad.
You can learn how to have this type of adaptability. In this podcast, you’ll be introduced to:
- The Luck Experiment—Learn how to flip heads on a coin 10 times in a row.
- Survivorship Bias—The danger of comparing yourself only to the winners in this world.
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset—Comparing the differences in brain activity, emotional focus, attitudes about effort, and attitudes about failure.
- Navy SEALS—and why they tend to quit over breakfast.
- Plus (an extra bonus!)—A counter-intuitive model of relationships
Videos In This Podcast
In this podcast you’ll hear excerpt from this full video by Derren Brown—The System.