Everyone gets stuck in their thinking every once in a while. It’s when you become permanently stuck in that you begin to have real problems. That’s when you’re in a mental rut.
In this episode of the Self Esteem Podcast, we’ll be looking at some of the common reasons why you can’t take action when action is necessary and the fears that come from thinking outside of the box
We’ll also cover:
The Five Perspectives
- Perspective 1—Seeing things from our own point of view
- Perspective 2—Seeing things from someone else’s point of view
- Perspective 3—Distancing yourself from the situation and seeing it as an independent observer
- Perspective 4—The role you play in the family system. (scapegoat, clown, rescuer, etc…)
- Perspective 5—God’s perspective
What happens if you get stuck in one perspective?
- Perspective 1—Egotist, self-centered
- Perspective 2—”Codependent” losing themselves, over-influenced by other people’s point of view.
- Perspective 3—Detached and unfeeling, cold-hearted, loners of the world.
- Perspective 4—Rescuers, victim-mentality.
- Perspective 5—Over-spiritualization