Will Your Teen Make Good Sexual Decisions?
Sexting, Pornography, Oral sex, Hooking up… Every day teens have to make significant sexual decisions that will impact them for years to come. The pressure from friends and media can be overwhelming and confusing as teens start to develop their own values and beliefs about sex.
As parents, you want your teens to understand the consequences of sexual activity before they experience them but getting teens to talk openly about their sexual choices is easier said than done.
HSR101 is a down-to-earth conversation with teens and parents where they can talk openly and realistically about sex and relationships. The class will:
- Provide a place where teens hear what their friends really think about sex.
- Help teens and parents understand why they make sexual decisions
- Help boys understand what girls want and help girls understand what boys want in a relationship.
- Explain the practical consequences to common sexual choices like porn, sexting, oral sex, and hooking up.
“This Class Is Different”
Instead of being one more random adult that tells teenagers what to think, this class gives teens a chance to share THEIR thoughts and feelings about sex in a safe and age-appropriate way, where they won’t feel judged or criticized.
This is done through an anonymous written survey where each student can share their personal beliefs or experiences regarding sex. Most questions are yes/no, multiple choice, or rate-on-a-scale questions with an additional section where they can ask any question they want about sex, sexual activity, or relationships.
This information is then gathered and organized into a second presentation (usually given the following week) where the results of the survey are shared and the natural consequences and impact of those choices and beliefs are discussed with the students.
A third session is offered in the evening for parents to hear the same information as the students as well as discuss healthy ways to help your teen establish their own sexual value system. A time of Q& A will be offered for any specific topics or issues you may have.
Topics Commonly Covered
- What different types of physical touching communicates.
- What boys really think about sex.
- What girls really think about sex.
- Why sex always changes our relationships.
- What does sexual activity have to do with God?
- The legal consequences of some “sexual games”.
In December I finished up this series at Damascus Christian School. If you would like to schedule this class for your group, please give me a call at 503-863-4074.