Divorce is a painful reality for many people. Below is a list of common issues you may be dealing with if your parents divorced.
- Many have difficulty in trusting others
- Many have a fear of commitment
- Many have difficulty with Intimacy
- Many sense themselves as isolated and lonely
- Many struggle with problems of self-esteem
- Many see their sexuality as a matter of concern.
- Many feel a strong need to maintain control.
- Many place a great deal of emphasis on financial security.
- Many have a strong yearning for stability.
- Many are highly empathic
- Many are fiercely independent.
- Many place a high value on being successful.
Adapted from Claire Berman’s Adult Children of Divorce Speak Out