Helping Those Hurt By Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse has far-reaching effects into everyday life. Relationships, parenting, and jobs are constantly impacted by the lack of trust, by the confusion and self doubt, by the frustration and fear.
If you’ve felt the effects of sexual abuse, this class will help you understand WHY your life is the way it is, and, more importantly, it will show you what life can look like after going through the recovery process.
In this class we’ll cover 14 mile markers that lead to a healthy and connected life and show you exactly what the process of finding freedom will look like.
Some of the 14 topics we’ll cover are:
- Being honest with ourselves—Why its important to acknowledge what happened.
- The purpose of pain—What to do with all those intense feelings and emotions.
- Our bodies remember—How the brain processes fear and why your body responds the way it does.
- Our drugs of choice—What we do to stop the pain and how to learn healthy coping skills.
- Sex really is a good thing—How to finally be comfortable with your own sexuality.
Currently, there are no classes scheduled. If you would like to host this class at your church or group, please contact Paul at 503-863-4074 for more information.